Here is the continuing saga with the open source tractor. We built a quick attach plate for rapid interchanging of implements. We built an open source rototiller as the first such implement. Now we can switch readily between the tiller and loader bucket – as needed for CEB construction.
We also show how we put together our biodiesel reactor. We document further solar panel fabrication and testing, and other fruits of Factor e Farm.
The next step is an enhanced program of core technology tree development and crowdsource research. In the next 6 months, we hope to have the following infrastructure technologies designed, built, and deployed:
This is not a small task. To get there, the immediate plan is:
- Get people here – 4 others in total, plus Brittany and I. We will house the team in 7/16 inch, painted, oriented strand board (OSB) Hexayurts – temporary for the next month as CEB housing comes into place.
- We work on housing and central heating as the prime objectives. Uninsulated Hexayurts are good only for about another month – until winter comes. Thus, we’ll dedicate one person of the team to work full time on central heating. Two options are a CEB brick stove – and Babington-burner flamethrower with heat exchange coil, running on waste waste vegetable oil – waste oil of insufficient quality for biodiesel production.
- This is not happening without some crowdsource contributions. We’re setting up a crowdsource funding basket for this phase
- The budget is $7.18 per sheet of OSB, times 18 pieces, or $130 in materials, plus flashing to make the joints (tape is not strong enough), for a total of about $150 each – times 3 temporary buildings like this, or a grand total of $450:
- $400 stipend per month for new recruits, times 4
- $1100 in cement, gravel, insulation, doors, and other building materials for CEB construction
- $3150 total for the next month
Chip in at our wiki. The main program is getting people here and building. The background work is crowdsource research to get the technology tree above growing – mainly the biofuel, fab, steam engine, and solar turbine integration. More on this later.