First of all, thank you for the many useful comments on the recent unfoldings at Factor e Farm. I apologize to Ben and Jeremy for my unjustified accusation, which was my mistake under escalating stress.
This is a chance to gain clarity:
- Factor e Farm is a research project with a community of researchers
- Iâ€™m the director of that project
- People who want to help solve these problems with us can come and help, but Iâ€™m not interested in governance by committee
Let me keep it simple: I started this, I intend to finish it, you can help. But you’re not going to take me off track. I’ll collaborate, but I’m not going to compromise except when you can convince me that your way is better than mine.
Merit is determined by our goals. Our goals are stated in the Factor e Farm Position Statement, which explains our approach. This is the substance of our work, itâ€™s what got us on the map, itâ€™s the guarantee of further support – and we will do everything in our power to keep us accountable to our goals.
There are pressing issues with respect to our infrastructure. We are addressing them immediately by:
- Continuing on experiments in optimized CEB construction this year
- Soliciting a Dedicated Project Visit to install our kitchen
The CEB prototype II is finished and you can see video in the next post. Lawrence, our first Dedicated Project Visitor working on the CNC torch table, arrived today (see proposal). We have written up a contract specifying minimum acceptable performance for both sides.
We look forward to moving with an opportunity to grow. Thanks again to all of you who are showing unwavering support in this time of exciting developments.