CEB Press/Manufacturing Instructions
|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
This page gives you all the information you need to make your CEB Press from stock steel and parts. The steps in Mechanical Fabrication and Electronic Components are independent of each other, but within each category, the suggested order should be followed. Once you finish both, you can continue on to Final Machine Integration. At that point, your machine can be used.
The entire fabrication procedure is contained in a master PDF file - CEB A-Z Fabrication Instructions 2011
 Prototype IV Fabrication
See Fabrication Diagram and Master Index for part numbers
- Tack two sets of 70 and 71 together
- Instead of 5/8" thickness for 70, use 1/2" thickness on one rail
- Tack so that 5/8" can be replaced with 1/2" if needed
- Grind tacks off top
- QC - work on a flat surface, so top side is within 1/64" inch even for both rails
- QC - tacks ground down to surface of rails as can be felt with a flat surface
 Tools and Materials for Prototype III
 Mechanical Fabrication
The purpose of this section is to build and assemble all mechanical components of the CEB. You must first cut the steel, then fabricate individual parts, then assemble them, and then paint the machine.
 Steel Cut List
- Cut the steel into the following lengths.
- Label and separate cuts by "Step" number so you can easily find cuts for each step during the fabrication stage.
- Note: Item Number and part number refer to CAD information. This is un-necessary if you are following the fabrication steps listed.
- Also, from the sheet, torch the Hopper Sheet Metal and the simple plates.
Link to printable page.
 Parts Fabrication
The purpose of this section is to assemble the cut steel into individual parts and assemblies.
- Please see this spreadsheet for what steel each step requires.
 Structural Components
 Hopper and Grate
 Machine Core
 Main Frame Preparation
- Wide Cylinder Supports
- Main Frame Small Components
- Main Frame U-Channel Prep-Still needs fab drawings
 Main Frame Assembly
- Assemble U Channel
- Fit the Main Cylinder
- Stretch the frame
- Weld the spacers
- Install Small Components
- Fit the Drawer Members
 Parts Assembly
The purpose of this section is to assemble all of the parts you made in the parts fabrication section.
- Assemble the structural components
- Assemble the Soil Loading System
- Shaker Assembly
- Adjust the Drawer
- Install the secondary cylinder
- Hard-line the main cylinder
- Cover the hydraulics and any other place that should not be painted.
- Check all external surfaces for sharp edges and smooth with angle grinder.
- Remove any surface rust with wire brush and / or sandpaper.
- Apply a thorough coating of paint to all steel surfaces.
- Allow 24 hours to dry before handling.
 Electronic Components Assembly
 Final Machine Integration
- Mount Solenoid Valve Set, Controller Box and Sensors
- Electrohydraulic Integration
- CEB Press Control Code
Back to Table of Contents