CEB Press v17.08
- 1 Development Template
- 2 Controller
- 3 Solenoid Valve
- 4 Control Code
- 5 CAD
- 6 CAM
- 7 BOM
- 8 Build Instructions
- 9 User Manual
- 10 CEB Press Upgrades 2017 - Working Docs on Redesign
- 11 Use
- 12 Cylinder Working Doc
- 13 Improvements and Future Work
- 14 Team Needs
- 15 Advanced Soil Preparation Concept
- 16 Future Work
- 17 Links
See CEB Press Controller Genealogy for previous versions.
- Download FreeCAD source file at File:CEB 17.08 CAD Assembly.fcstd.
- See also CEB Press Part Library for individual parts.
Updated CNC Cut Files
- Master CAM File - File:CEB v1708 CAM.zip.
- There are pieces cut from eighth inch steel, quarter inch steel, and half inch steel - marked accordingly
- Broken line in 1/8" material is a bend line
- Numbers in brackets refer to the quantities
- Nesting in Master CAM file is on a 4'x8' sheet of steel
- Some of the individual files are File:CEB DXFs.zip - but a lot of them failed to import into LibreCAD.
- Steel order from Seaman and Schuske for only the 1/2" steel plate - nested onto 5x10 foot steel- File:Seamanandschuske.zip
Hydraulics + Controls
Language Agnostic Instructionals - Structure
CEB Press Upgrades 2017 - Working Docs on Redesign
v16.09 in use without hopper and with manual controls to allow workshop participants to operate the machine hands on:
Cylinder Working Doc
Improvements and Future Work
Our machine nears perfection. Last year we developed a modular CEB controller that is made from common parts and CAT 5 quick connects from controller to solenoids. We have tested a stationary soil mixer last year. This year the several improvements include:
- Further Simplification of drawer guides
- Visual logic programming via Ardublock
- CNC torch table cutting with the D3D CNC Torch Table. We will do various test cuts to verify parts fit, though we will be outsourcing from our local fab shop so that we have a guaranteed parts set on hand.
- CNC-cut Power cube with the same frame design as the D3D frame.
- Open Source CEB Cylinder. Hydraulic open source cylinder for serviceability . Cylinder sourcing has been problematic due to our specific requirements, so we will make our own from a kit, while starting to explore the 3D printability of cylinder seals.
- New brute force mixer/rock crusher that doses cement for full control and complete mixing of soil, going for commercially-viable block. The concept is just begun, full design is forthcoming.
- Poka-yoke the grate frame sides
- Cut angle poka-yokes for the frame mid, bottom, top