From Open Source Ecology
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name – Nick Goodenough
- Location – Ventura, CA, USA
- Contact Information – nickgoodenough (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture? Yes. Open technology encourages cooperation & equity—two things I’m in favor of.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
- GVCS lowers the bar to laborer owned sustainable industry—diminishing exploitation of labor & environment.
- Rural areas are most impoverished, and growth in agriculture is the most powerful force for reducing poverty–a system for rural agriculture (GVCS) is an obvious solution.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project? Develop systems for rural and urban environments. Half of earth's human population lives in cities—urban density allows for greater culture & sustainability. Integrate city life into the scope of OSE or consider focusing on open source rural ecology.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas:
- Computer Support
- Natural Building
- Product Design
- How have you already contributed to the project? I've made a two-year financial commitment as a True Fan.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
- http://www.farmingfirst.org/green-economy/ The Story of Agriculture and the Green Economy
- http://esa.un.org/unpd/wup/unup/p2k0data.asp "World Urbanization Prospects: The 2009 Revision Population Database" by United Nations
- http://www.energybulletin.net/node/3757 "Urban vs. Rural Sustainability" by Toby Hemenway