From Open Source Ecology
|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
- 1 Research
- 2 Development
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 Seeding System
- 2.3 Hydraulic System
- 2.4 Structural System
- 2.5 Design
- 2.6 Industry Standards
- 2.7 Funding
- 2.8 Peer Reviews
- 2.9 Experiments and Prototypes
- 2.10 Failure Mode Analysis
- 2.11 Testing Results
- 2.12 Recommendations for Improvement
- Seeder Function is to plant seeds in the soil of a farm plot. Planting a seed consists of making a furrow (a small groove) in the soil, dropping a seed into the furrow, covering the furrow with soil, then flattening that region of soil; this process ensures that the seed is fully covered by a sufficiently compacted layer of soil.
- Seeding System - performs the entire seeding process
- Hydraulic System - powers the seeding system.
- Structural System - contains and mounts the components of the seeding and hydraulic system, as well as the towing mechanism and the wheels.
- Hopper - is the container that holds the seeds.
- Hopper Rotor - is the component that moves near the bottom of the hopper as to loosen up the seeds and hence maintain a consistent flow of seeds out of the hopper.
- Seed Plate - is the plate that determines the seeding hole size. The seeding hole is passed by the seeds that come out of the hopper; larger seeding holes allow more seeds to drop from the hopper per seeding pass; smaller seeding holes allow less seeds per pass.
- Furrow Plow - is the metal component that makes a furrow in the soil as it passes through the ground. The furrow plow has 2 bolt holes for mounting.
- Cover Plows - are the two one-sided metal plows that face and move soil inwards in order to cover the furrow with soil after seeding. Each cover plow has 2 bolt holes for mounting.
- Plow Mount - is the steel bar with 6 holes on which the furrow plow (2 holes), cover plows (2 holes, one on each side of holes), and
- Plow Mount Extension - is the steel bar with 4 holes that connects the plow mount (2 holes) to the rest of the seeder (2 holes).
- Roller - is the wide wheel that flattens the seeded region of the soil as it rotates along the ground.
- Roller Axle - is the round bar around which the roller rotates.
- Roller Mount - is the component on both sides of and keeping in place the roller axle onto the
- Hopper Rotor Hydraulic Motor - rotates the hopper rotor.
- Seeding System Hydraulic Cylinder - adjusts the height of the seeding system.
- Tow Pin and Jaw
- Size Constraints
- Feed stock
- Design Description
- Drawings and Diagrams
- Concept and Alternatives
- Full Design Views
- Cut-away Views
- Exploded Parts View
- 3D Renders
- Project Team