Sketchup on Linux
Enable contrib repos.
# apt-get install playonlinux
Launch it and choose to install Google Sketchup
Install Sketchup Make 2013
- Download "SketchUp Make 2013" (free version): http://www.sketchup.com/download/all
- Install from sketchup executable for windows by right clicking on the .exe and selecting 'Wine Windows Program Loader'
- You will most likely get the "SketchUp was unable to initalize OpenGL" message the first time you try to run sketchup, download File:Force sketchup hw accel.reg to your home directory and install by launching a terminal and typing
wine regedit /s force_sketchup_hw_accel.reg
If you have trouble installing or running SketchUp on Wine, you might try using these registry settings files to correct the problem. To use one, just download it into your home directory, launch a terminal and type
wine regedit /s filename
where filename is the name of the registry file.
- "SketchUp was unable to initalize OpenGL": If you see this error, download File:Force sketchup hw accel.reg
- SketchUp crashes on start with no error message: Force off the "Welcome to SketchUp" dialog with File:Disable welcome.reg
- SketchUp crashes on or shortly after startup; either the main window is displayed, or you have already disabled the Welcome screen: Force off the "Snappy Instructor" dialog with File:Disable instructor.reg