- 1 Overview
- 2 Old content
- 3 Technical Review
- 4 Design Work - machines, architecture, other
- 5 Dedicated Project Visits
- 6 Summer Internships for credit
- 7 Capstone Projects
- 8 Volunteer Work Days
- 9 Organizing an Extreme Production Workshop
- 10 Invite us for a College Lecture
- 11 Attend an Extreme Production Workshop
- 12 Blog for Us
- 13 Manage our Facebook Account
- 14 Do graphics or design work
- 15 Subscribing as a True Fan
- 16 Video Production
- 17 Start an OSE Chapter at your University
- 18 More Options for Students
- 19 Links
Q: How do I get involved in OSE?
A: Take a look at http://opensourceecology.org/community/
The following sections list old content pre-dating the site above.
We are seeking technical review of all of our designs, from architecture detail, machine design, industry standards, to agriculture, and entrepreneurship. We span a wide areas of human endeavor in engineering, art, and entrepreneurship.
Design Work - machines, architecture, other
The core of our work is design and rapid builds. We focus on Design-for-Fabrication, Lifetime Design, and Module-Based Design. You can help with CAD, conceptual, and technical design across all disciplines of engineering, art, and entrepreneurship.
Dedicated Project Visits
Summer Internships for credit
Your university may have a community service requirement or the ability to provide credit towards your major. Check with your professors, and apply for a Dedicated Project Visit.
You can do a senior capstone project with OSE as the client. You can design one of our machines or develop an enterprise model. Organize a capstone group at your university and find a supporing professor.
Volunteer Work Days
We host volunteer work days if you are in the Kansas City USA area. We can let you know about the next one.
Organizing an Extreme Production Workshop
There are many projects around the 50 GVCS Machines that lend themselves to being organized as an Extreme Production Workshop. Help us organize and enjoy 50/50 revenue sharing with OSE.
Invite us for a College Lecture
The Founder is going on College Tour. You can organize a lecture. We are recruiting students for internships and working on setting up OSE Clubs at universities - especially as student run clubs with a faculty advisor - who develop one of our projects.
Attend an Extreme Production Workshop
See our Workshops Schedule - attend our immersion education experience.
Blog for Us
We are looking for a blogger to provide updates about our work. 2 hour per week requirement.
Manage our Facebook Account
We report regularly on Facebook, and we are looking for a savvy social media manager.
Do graphics or design work
A great part of our work is communicating our message and technical content clearly. We need information architects to do infographics and to refactor our work into highly comprehensible content.
Subscribing as a True Fan
See more about True Fans - donors who give $10 or more for 24 months. All funding goes to prototyping materials.
We are looking for onsite and Remote Video Editors as in OSEdit.
Start an OSE Chapter at your University
More Options for Students
- Student engineering and other professional chapters - work with us on Design Sprints
- Help us find professors who can assign OSE work for credit
- Alternative spring break - if you have a group of students that would like to work with us, contact info at opensourceecology dot org.
- Licensed architects + IDP students - internship development program.
- For Students