Open Source Peltier Refrigerator
From Open Source Ecology
- 4x less efficient than compression-based refrigerators, but may be worth it for reasons of higher simplicity or where DC only is available - 
- DOE publication evaluating refrigeration types - 
- This is made up for by using a chest-style refrigerator. How many times more efficient is a top opening vs front opening fridge?
- Insulation approaches max quickly after 2" of thickness for foam - see graph at bottom of - 
- OS project, stalled? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEG6UkFyRxo&feature=youtu.be
- Hackaday build - http://hackaday.com/2015/04/03/building-your-own-mini-fridge/
- The Survivalist Blog -  - includes part list; converts a cooler.
Super Efficient (Not Peltier)
- Sundanzer - $1020 for 5.8 cu ft - Danfoss DC compressor - 4" insulation - 
- Power draw - 185 Whr per day
- Compare to 7 cu ft conversion abobe - 8 watt average - or 192 Whr per day. Same performance, about 1/5 the price.
- How to build a big walk-in freezer - . Uses 4" of insulation. By Forrest Pritchard.