Brick Press Viral Replication Checklist
The Liberator Open Source Brick Press is nearing the stage of viral replicability - with significant implications: for enabling low-cost house building; humanitarian projects; and other applications. This is a checklist of items that OSE is working on to make viral replicability a reality. On December 18, 2012 - we will demonstrate how to build this brick press in one day. This is extreme production efficiency, which contributes to the replicability potential of the machine.
- 2D CAM for CNC Torch, Laser, or Waterjet - done - Brick Press CAM Files
- Full 3D model - Sketchup
- Google 3D Warehousing of Sketchup Model
- Complete ZIP of DXFs ready for CNC cutting
- Scale model CAM file for Laser Cutter - Epilog
- Scale model CAM file for CNC Router
- Scale model documentation
- Component-wise assembly production for Community Production Runs
- Economic Analysis.
- Economic analysis of 1/2 building costs from Barry.
- Economic Analysis
- Strategic Partnership deployment Package - for recruiting deployment via Humanitarian Projects - field testing
- Community Platform - web
- Community Manager - for CEB project
- Open Source Label - Elements of Open Source Hardware
- Trademark on name
- Proven house designs based on the design
- Circuit mill CAM files for controller
- Full Gerber files for controller
- Instructional on building controller + box + sensors - see Drobo for video materials
- OpenShot remote video flash mob
- Ordering infrastructure for OSE
- Distributive Enterprise Package for startups
- Distributive Enterprise Package - for any fab shop to be motivated to build these; economic rationale
- Outsourced Fabrication package - full instructions on how to instruct a local fab shop to produce a machine
- Workshop infrastructure and organizational infrastructure - for BYOM program at FeF
- TechShop and 3rd Ward fabrication workshop - economic model for this; pilot run at TechShop.
- Calculations and CAE analysis on structure and peer review on abrasion issues.
- Development of pressure switch and upgrade of code for it.
Phase 2 Primary
- Full CNC Torch Table documentation
- DIY-millable open source controller for CNC torch table - StepperNug
- Collaboration with Adafruit and Sparkfun for parts sales - controllers, or at least refer to them for Arduino et al.
Phase 3 Primary
- DIY hydraulic motor and cylinder
- CNC Multimachine for hydraulic motor milling