|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
The Power Cube is a modular, universal, self-contained power unit consisting of an engine coupled to a hydraulic pump, providing power from hydraulic fluid at high pressure through quick connect hoses. It is designed to function as a modular and interchangeable power supply for GVCS technologies.
The Power Cube was designed in accordance with OSE Specifications for maximum utility. The Power Cube features...
- Modularity - String multiple power cubes together for increased hydraulic power.
- Flexibility - Quick Connect hoses and Quick Attach Plate enable extreme flexibility to place power wherever it is needed.
- Ease of Repair - All engine components are easily accessible and fast to replace/repair with off-the-shelf parts or locally produced equipment.
- Power Cube I - 18hp - built at FeF
- Power Cube II - 18hp - built at FeF
- Power Cube III - 27hp - Built at FeF
- Power Cube IV - 27hp - 9 Built at FeF in 2011 Production Run; replicated by Andrew Spina and Charles Liptaak
- Power Cube V - Tom Griffing build, delivered to FeF. Plastic 5 gal tank.
- Power Cube VI - Tom Griffing build, delivered to Zach Dwiel
- Power Cube VI - Tom Griffing build, delivered to FeF. Symmetric 7 gal tank.
- Power Cube VI - Tom Griffing build, in progress =- october 30.
- Power Cube VII (Powercube 7) - Collaborative Production Run at FeF planned for first half of November
- Power Cube Diesel (Powercube Diesel) - Built at FeF & Texas, delivered to Blair Grocery (New Orleans)
 Product Ecology
The current iteration of the power cube is an off-the-shelf gasoline engine, but the design is intended to be as power source agnostic as possible so that the power production can be readily changed. There will likely be many variations on the power cube design, but all fitting inside a similar size profile so that a GVCS machine can readily swap out one Power Cube for another.
 Video (Older Power Cube Designs)
- Introduction to the Power Cube Design (1 min 59 sec)
- Power Cube Complete (5 min 6 sec)
- Power Cube (3 min 30 sec)
- Build Instructions (50 min 27 sec)
 Development Status
Currently, the Power Cube is on its sixth prototype. We are in need of CAD support to digitize the latest design. Those with relevant experience in (Sketchup, Solidworks, Inventor, etc...) are encouraged to Contact Us.
 See Also